UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education 2022 ($25,000 prize)
Deadline: January 23, 2023
Nominations for the UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education 2022 are now open. The UNESCO King Hamad Bin Isa Al-Khalifa Prize for the Use of ICT in Education recognizes innovative approaches in leveraging new technologies to expand educational and lifelong learning opportunities for all, in line with the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and its Goal 4 on education.
Established in 2005 with the support of the Kingdom of Bahrain, the Prize rewards individuals and organizations that are implementing outstanding projects and promoting the creative use of technologies to enhance learning, teaching and overall educational performance in the digital age. An international Jury selects two best projects annually.
Every year the Prize has a specific theme, which, while being in line with UNESCO’s mandate and values, advocates for responsible and ethical use of information and communication technologies. The theme for 2022 is The use of public platforms to ensure inclusive access to digital education content.
- Each prize winner receives US$25,000, a medal and a diploma during a ceremony at UNESCO Headquarters in Paris.
- Open to Individuals, institutions, non-governmental organizations or other entities.
- The project should be ongoing for at least for 1 year
- The project and its organization should not be affiliated to UNESCO or receive any funding from UNESCO
- The technology tools used by the project should be open and free.
- Relevance to the Thematic Focus: The project is in line with the objectives of the Prize and is relevant to the specific theme of the year
- Innovation: The project applies innovative technologies to provide affordable and inclusive tools
- Evidence of Impact: The project should provide evidence of impact
- Potential for Replicability and Scalability: The project should show evidence that it can be replicated in other contexts or have the potential to further optimize and scale its impact
- Inclusion and Equity: The project should use innovative technologies to advance inclusion and equity in education, while taking into account marginalized groups, leaners in crises and emergencies contexts and learners with disabilities.
- Contact nominating entity: If your project/programme meets the criteria, get in contact as soon as possible with an appropriate nominating entity to inform about your interest in applying for the Prize.
- Create your account: Request a user account and indicate through which entity you will apply,
- Go to the online platform accessible and start filling in the online application form in English or French.
- Present your project/programme in a clear and structured way, following the instructions given in the form and respecting the indicated word limit. All supporting materials (e.g. publications, photos, videos) must be transmitted electronically through the online system.
- Ensure that your project is nominated.