UNDP/FCMB Agro-Hack Challenge & Summit 2022 for Nigeria ($30,000 funding support)
Deadline: December 14, 2022
Applications for the UNDP/FCMB Agro-Hack Challenge & Summit 2022 are now open. The Agro-Hack Challenge & Summit 2022 is an AgriBusiness and AgriTech-focused challenge to crowdsource innovative solutions to challenges faced across the Agricultural ecosystem in Benue State and Nigeria at large.
These challenges, mainly in the agricultural value chain, cut across the following sub-sectors:
- Production (input, fertilizers, irrigation, greenhouses, vertical farming, etc)
- Agricultural Finance
- Agricultural Commerce
- Supply chain, etc
The AgroHack Challenge is open to Agritech startups, Agri-business entrepreneurs, engineers, innovators and tech solution enthusiasts across Nigeria. 50 innovators will be selected for the pre-incubation phase and the top 25 will be selected to proceed to the incubation stage. These 25 startups will receive $30,000 of equity-free funding, incubation support for 3 months & other exciting benefits.
The challenge will provide:
- Agricultural value chain players in Benue State, and Nigeria at large, the resources to grow and scale their agri-businesses .
- Entrepreneurship coaching and Mentorship.
- Startup Idea Validation.
- Access to local and international markets.
- Access to digital tools and infrastructure.
- Grant funding & follow-on investments.
- AgTech startups, entrepreneurs, innovators and enthusiasts across Nigeria;
- Agriculture based research institutes, university students, especially those studying Agric-related courses;
- Smallholder farmers and agricultural value chain players, conflict affected communities.
The AgroHack Challenge is organized in partnership with Benue Agribusiness Innovation Hub, Passion Incubator, Japan Government, NorthEast Humanitarian Innovation Hub, ThriveAgric, Benue Government, and the Center for Food Technology and Research, Makurdi, Benue state.
For more information, visit Agro-Hack Challenge.