World’s Best School Prizes 2023 ($250,000 total prize)
Deadline: March 15, 2023
Applications are open for the World’s Best School Prizes 2023. The World’s Best School Prizes celebrate the stories and share the expertise of schools that are transforming the lives of the next generation and making a real difference to their communities. They give vital recognition to the enormous contribution schools make to society’s progress, especially in the wake of COVID.
The World’s Best School Prizes is an initiative of BVU Ventures Ltd trading as T4 Education, and was set up with the aim of showcasing excellence in schools through a prize competition format.
The World’s Best School Prizes are awarded to schools that have developed expertise in five key areas. Winning schools will be able to demonstrate outstanding systems, practises and performance impacting the lives of their students and of the whole community.
- Community Collaboration: This Prize recognizes schools that have collaborated and developed partnerships with their community to meet both children’s needs and those of the wider society around them.
- Environmental Action: This Prize recognizes the importance of schools and their students and teachers in environmental advocacy and change making.
- Innovation: This Prize recognizes both technologies and pedagogies that break from tradition in their context to impact and improve teaching and learning.
- Overcoming Adversity: This Prize recognizes schools that have beaten the odds to support and develop children’s learning and well being in the face of huge challenges.
- Supporting Healthy Lives: This Prize recognizes schools that go above and beyond to support students physical and mental health and work to develop healthy habits, behaviours, knowledge, and skills.
- They will award the five winning schools with a share of the $250,000 total prize money. Each winner will receive $50,000 to help them expand their work strengthening their school and community.
- Open to early childhood centres, kindergarten, primary, secondary schools, virtual schools – all schools who teach students in compulsory schooling, and are legally registered with their respective Ministry of Education or government regulatory authority.
- Only Teachers or Principals that currently work and operate in the school they are entering into the Prizes can register to submit an application. The person completing the application first needs to register. They also must be aged 18+ and have the authorisation of the school’s authorities and/or its governing body to submit the form.
- All applications must have the permission of the school’s authorities to apply.
- The application forms should be submitted before the deadline, March 15, 2023.
- The application can be saved as a draft to continue editing later by just logging into your account.
- A school can apply for more than one of the categories but must complete separate application forms for each category application.
- A confirmation message and email will be sent to the applicant once they have received the application, with a badge to download.
For more information, visit World’s Best School Prizes.