Blue Economy ClimAccelerator Programme in the Pacific Islands 2023
Deadline: December 16, 2022
Applications are open for the Blue Economy ClimAccelerator Programme 2023. The Blue Economy ClimAccelerator is a free virtual programme of training, mentoring, knowledge-sharing and investor linkages designed to support participants to build viable business plans.
The Blue Economy ClimAccelerator seeks to promote innovative ideas to support the growth of maritime activities – fisheries, aquaculture, blue bioeconomy, coastal and maritime tourism, desalination, renewable energy (offshore, coastal & marine), maritime transport & infrastructure, ports, waste disposal management or coastal resilience and protection (e.g. sustainable tourism infrastructure, sea walls, carbon sequestration) and other related climate-positive activities in the Blue Economy.
- Bootcamp & learning sessions – Weekly online training bootcamps will provide core business training to further refine and develop USP, target market and business model and help entrepreneurs translate business plans into concrete value propositions. In addition, a series of blue economy-themed virtual learning sessions will be held to share insights, learning and experience of running successful blue economy businesses.
- Mentorship Programme – Each selected enterprise will be assigned a mentor for the duration of the programme. The mentorship programme provides participants with opportunities to learn, connect and test ideas with experts.
- Market/Investor linkages – During and beyond the programme, Pacific Greenpreneurs will have ongoing opportunities to engage with like-minded entrepreneurs, providing opportunities for professional development, brand-building, and awareness, and more. A Demo Day event will be held at the end of the programme to showcase innovations and business plans and serve to connect enterprises with investors.
- Grant funding – Enterprises will be invited to submit business plan/funding proposals during the programme. Based on the assessment of the funding proposal submitted, grant amounts will be awarded accordingly to each start-up of between EUR 5,000 – 10,000 to implement their business plans.
- The lead applicant must be a resident of one of the following countries: Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna
- The enterprise must be appropriately registered/incorporated to operate as a for-profit business (sole trader, private limited company, partnership etc.), civil society organization (CSO)/non-governmental organization (NGO), cooperative or trust in one of the countries listed above.
- The enterprise must have its main operations in one (or more) of the following: fisheries, aquaculture, coastal and maritime tourism, desalination, renewable marine energy, maritime transport & infrastructure, waste disposal management or coastal resilience and protection (e.g. sustainable tourism infrastructure, sea walls, carbon sequestration).
- The minimum age of the lead applicant is 18 years old.
They are looking for you if:
- Your enterprise’s main operations are in fisheries, aquaculture, blue bioeconomy, coastal and maritime tourism, desalination, renewable energy (offshore, coastal & marine), maritime transport & infrastructure, ports, waste disposal management or coastal resilience and protection (e.g. sustainable tourism infrastructure, sea walls, carbon sequestration) and other related climate-positive activities in the Blue Economy.
- You aim to create positive climate change and/or environmental impact through your product offerings, operations, or processes, while creating a profit.
- You are dedicated and eager to learn, and passionate about your cause.
- You have typically been in operation for less than 5 years.
- Your business is innovative and unique in some way.
- You have sound, technical understanding of your business or idea, but would like to learn more about how to build an effective and sustainable business model for success.
- You have sufficient access to internet and a computer to enable participation in the online program. You are committed to completing a 5-month program from January – May 2023.
- You are comfortable with written & spoken English language.
Applications will close on Friday, December 16, 2022 (11:59pm Fiji Time, GMT+12). Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Blue Economy ClimAccelerator.