Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation 2023 (N5,000,000 prize)
Deadline: January 5, 2023
Applications are open for the Flour Mills of Nigeria Prize for Innovation 2023. The FMN’s Prize for Innovation aims to highlight new and imaginative ways to achieve sustainability in Nigeria’s food value chain.
This year’s campaign is designed to facilitate the promotion of local content development in Nigeria’s food & agro-allied sector, to encourage sustainable food production. Participants in this year’s contest will develop novel solutions to facilitate a paradigm shift from dependence on imported raw materials to developing local capacities for the purpose of sustaining local communities.
- Category 1: Registered Businesses (Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprise Owners)
- Category 2: Nigerian Students (Undergraduates & Post Graduates)
- Stand the chance of winning the star prize of N5 million.
Category 1: Registered Businesses (Micro, Small & Medium Scale Enterprise Owners)
- Micro, Small, and Medium Scale Enterprises (MSMEs) that are registered in Nigeria and operate in the agro-processing and food production space.
- Your big idea and innovative solution should address a shift from dependence on raw materials import to prioritize local content usage in Nigeria’s food and agro-allied sector.
- Your idea should have a solid proof-of-concept, a social or commercial purpose, and a clear roadmap to scale.
Category 2: Nigerian Students (Undergraduate and postgraduate level)
- Your big idea and innovative solution must address a shift from dependence on raw materials import to prioritize local content usage in Nigeria’s food and agro-allied sector.
- Your idea has a solid proof-of-concept and a social or commercial purpose.
All entries will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Ingenuity of the ideas
- Social/commercial purpose of the idea
- Thoroughness of research
- Impact & Scalability
- Likelihood of the success of the enterprise
- Complete the form on or before January 5, 2023
- Upload a 60 seconds video and a short presentation on your Innovative techniques for local content development in the food and agro-allied sector
- Your presentation should clearly indicate how your idea will facilitate the use of local content within the Nigerian food value chain
- For Category 1 applicants, your entry must be accompanied by proof of registration
- Participants are encouraged to post their entries on social media – Follow and tag @FMNGroup and get your friends to engage the post
For more information, visit FMN Prize.