Francis H. Brown African Scholarship Fund 2023 (up to $30,000)
Deadline: January 10, 2023
Applications are open for the Francis H. Brown African Scholarship Fund 2023. The purpose of the Francis H. Brown African Scholarship Fund is to expand human knowledge and scientific interest in earth sciences and botany related to human origins by providing financial assistance to East African researchers and students pursuing research in these areas.
The fund is further intended to support research that builds on the work of Dr. Francis H. Brown and builds capacity in the earth and botanical sciences in East African institutions and countries.
- The maximum award amount is $30,000 per applicant per year.
- Open to students or researchers of African heritage who are citizens of Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan, Djibouti, Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia or Eritrea;
- Are pursuing a graduate degree at an accredited university, preferably from, but not limited to, an institution located in sub-Saharan Africa or have completed their doctoral degrees not longer than ten (10) years prior to the time of application for funding from this source;
- Applicants must be pursuing research in earth sciences and/or botany related to human origins;
- Applicants shall demonstrate a commitment to a career in their field of study with an emphasis on research and teaching in his/her country of citizenship following the completion of his/her degree.
Proposals will be accepted for support twice yearly. Proposals must be submitted by January 10 for awards given in May and July 15 for awards given in December.
During the application process, you will be asked to upload attachments to your application. All of the attachments except the applicant photo must be uploaded as PDF documents:
- Proposal Body
- Detailed Proposal Budget
- Pertinent Curricula Vitae
- Sponsor Letter of Support
- Applicant Photo
For more information, visit Francis H. Brown African Scholarship.