Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Programme 2023
Deadline: January 15, 2023
Are you passionate about intercultural experiences? Are you keen on unpacking and advancing the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)? Would you like to experience international collaboration to create tangible action? Are you motivated to make a difference in the world? Apply for the Melton Foundation Global Citizenship Learning Programme 2023.
Melton Fellows are university students who are committed to serving their communities and, through the Global Citizenship Learning Programme, can build their capacity, grow their spheres of influence, and eventually model and promote global citizenship through their actions and become influencers in their communities to model and inspire change.
As a Melton Fellow and participant in Global Citizenship Learning Programme, you will:
- Experience different cultures first-hand and learn to work across boundaries of place and identity.
- Expand your knowledge about relevant global topics related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Boost your skills through hands-on workshops, training, and mentoring projects.
- Co-create and develop impact projects with Fellows and partners in your community and around the world to drive change initiatives – small and big – for wider impact.
- Join a network of 500+ Fellows and partner organizations from across sectors and world regions.
- Become part of an experiential learning lab that equips you with the know-how and confidence to take action on pressing issues around you.
- To be eligible, you must be a university student who is 18-25 years old as of the application deadline, and who will foreseeably live within the city limits of any of the partner universities for the first 1.5 years:
- Bangalore, India
- Greater Accra, Ghana
- New Orleans, United States
- Jena, Germany
- Temuco, Chile
- Hangzhou, China
- Must currently be enrolled in a degree-seeking undergraduate or graduate school programme.
- Have sufficient English language skills in order to understand and participate in all aspects of the program including complex discussions on human issues.
- Have a proven track record of civic engagement in your local community.
- Be open to learning about the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals and practicing Global Citizenship as a lifestyle.
- Be able to provide 1 letter of recommendation if invited to the local assessment center.
As a new Melton Fellow, you can expect the following during the 1.5 years of the Global Citizenship Learning Programme:
- Attend annual global events of the Melton Foundation.
- Engage in online learning activities (approx. 5 hrs/month).
- Work in global project teams (depending on the project, average estimate: 5 hrs/month).
- Participate in community projects (depending on your local community engagement, average estimate: 5 hrs/month).
For more information, visit Melton Foundation.