L’Oréal USA For Women in Science Fellowship Programme 2023 (up to $60,000)
Deadline: January 27, 2023
Applications are open for the L’Oréal USA For Women in Science Fellowship Programme 2023. The L’Oréal USA For Women in Science Fellowship Programme awards five women postdoctoral scientists annually with grants for their contributions in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) fields and commitment to serving as role models for younger generations.
The For Women in Science programme was created out of a simple belief: the world needs science, and science needs women because women in science have the power to change the world.
The programme is the U.S. component of the L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science International Fellowships program. Celebrating its eighteenth year in the U.S., the For Women in Science programme has awarded 90 postdoctoral women scientists over $4 million in grants.
- Selected applicants could be awarded $60,000 for research in a STEM field.
- Applicant must have a conferred PhD and have started in a postdoctoral research position by January 28, 2023;
- Must maintain the status of postdoctoral researcher throughout the fellowship year;
- Must be American born, naturalized citizen or permanent resident;
- Must be affiliated with a U.S. based academic or research institution;
- Must plan to conduct their postdoctoral studies and research in the U.S.;
- Must be involved in basic research in the life and physical/material sciences, engineering & technology, computer science and mathematics;
- Cannot be in a faculty position;
- Must commit to at least twenty hours of activity in support of women and girls in science (e.g. mentoring, classroom visits, media, events);
- Must be available the week of November 13, 2023 for the For Women in Science Awards Week.
Applications due by 5:00pm ET on Friday, January 27, 2023. Late applications will not be considered.