Well Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Programme 2023 for Students in Developing Countries
Deadline: March 1, 2023
Applications for the Well Mountain Initiative (WMI) Scholars Programme 2023 are now open. The WMI Scholars Programme is a highly competitive scholarship opportunity for students in developing countries. Scholarships support students who are earning their first certificate, diploma or bachelor’s degree.
Selected applicants would be responsible to
- Maintain good grades in all university studies.
- Be an ambassador for community service and engagement.
- Perform, record and document 100 hours of community service activities throughout the year.
- Complete the Academic Semester Report & Community Service Report for WMI Scholars.
- Send official semester transcripts twice a year.
- Communicate openly with the Student Scholar Coordinator regarding your situation as a student.
WMI scholarships range from $300 USD to $3,000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient. While the maximum scholarship is $3,000 USD, they rarely award this high an amount. The average scholarship amount is $1,500 USD.
The scholarship supports:
- Tuition and fees
- Books and materials
- Other related costs
An ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Successfully completed a secondary education, with good to excellent grades;
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2023;
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world;
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma;
- Will be enrolled in a programme of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country;
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation;
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying;
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
Applications from qualified applicants will be accepted until March 1, 2023. Before applying, they strongly encourage you to read the WMI Scholar Program Information Sheet and also the Frequently Asked Questions for Prospective Scholars document. These two documents will assist you in determining your eligibility and guide you in the application process.
The following are required elements for an application to be considered complete:
- Clear personal photo
- Essay (topic is stated on application form)
- 2023 application form
- Personal essay statement
- Two recommendation letters
- Official transcript of grades from secondary school
- Official grading key to interpret secondary school grades
- Official transcript of grades from tertiary studies (if applicable)
- Official grading key to interpret tertiary grades
- Official results from your national exam
- Official grading key to interpret scores on your national exam
For more information, visit WMI Scholars Programme.