Deadline: January 15, 2023
Applications are open for the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD) Media Fellowship 2023. The German Government invites the world to its annual inspiring dialogue on the Global Energiewende, the Berlin Energy Transition Dialogue (BETD23), which has become the leading international forum on the green energy transformation.
Every year, high-level participants from politics, industry, science and civil society gather in Berlin for two days to discuss the shift to a sustainable energy system. In 2022 the BETD took place as a hybrid conference with limited access. This year’s dialogue is planned to be held as a traditional on-site conference with a public stream of the ongoing programme.
For several years, the Federal Foreign Office, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and the German Renewable Energy Federation (BEE e.V.) invite international journalists to report on the BETD. This BETD Media Fellowship allows young journalists from around the world to gather in the German capital in order to gain access to this exclusive conference, talk to high-level stakeholders from science, politics, industry and civil society as well as connect with other BETD Media Fellows.
Following parts are included in the fellowship programme:
- Travel & accommodation paid trip to Berlin for the BETD and Berlin Energy Week
- Active participation in the BETD23
- Press opportunities with high-level speakers, state representatives & other VIPs
- Additional opportunity to participate in BETD side events such as guided tours, receptions, business-to-government formats & workshops
- In-depth insight behind the scenes of the global energy transition
- Community building with former BETD media fellows
- Platform for all the media fellows articles about BETD.23
- Open to young journalists from around the world;
- Must be available to participate fully in the BETD23 in Germany.
The deadline for application is January 15, 2023 at 11:55pm CET. The BETD23 Fellowship will hold from March 26 – April 1, 2023 in Berlin, Germany.
For more information, visit BETD Media Fellowship.