IsDB-TWAS Joint Research & Technology Transfer Grant 2022: Quick-Response Research on post COVID-19 (up to $100,000)
Deadline: January 31, 2023
Applications for the IsDB-TWAS Joint Research & Technology Transfer Grant 2022: Quick-Response Research on post COVID-19 are now open. The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and TWAS have partnered to promote and support quick-response research on key challenges related to the post COVID-19 pandemic.
The IsDB-TWAS Joint Research & Technology Transfer Grant programme is fully funded by the IsDB and established to develop collaboration between researchers of IsDB member countries. Under this programme, qualified researchers from 57 IsDB countries are invited to form a joint research collaboration consisting of two groups from different countries working on areas related to the post COVID-19 pandemic.
Examples of specific themes include, but are not limited to:
- COVID-19 prevention and treatment
- Viral Outbreaks
- Zoonotic Diseases
- Long COVID treatment
- Preventing the next pandemic
- The programme will choose one joint-project per year. The grant amounts to a maximum of USD $50,000 per research group – USD $100,000 total for the joint-project.
- Each Principle Investigator (PI) must be a national of an IsDB member country and hold a PhD with good research experience and lead each research group. (Note: The PI will be responsible for the coordination of the research, submission of requested documentation and reporting of the expenses. All TWAS correspondence will be with each PI).
- One PI MUST be from an IsDB Least Developed Member Country and the other from any of the eligible IsDB member countries.
- Each member of the group should operate in a university or research institution in one of the IsDB member countries and should be represented in the proposal by a PI. No age limit is applied to the applicant.
- Applications from women scientists are especially encouraged.
- Individual young scientists or leaders of research units currently holding a TWAS Research Grant in the Basic Sciences are not eligible.
- IsDB Member Countries:
- Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Yemen
- IsDB Least Developed Member Countries:
- Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Uganda and Yemen
The deadline for receiving applications is January 31, 2023. They strongly recommend that you do not wait until the deadline but submit the application as early as you can to enable us to process your application as quickly as possible.
For more information, visit IsDB-TWAS Grant.