AUDA-NEPAD Home Grown Solutions Accelerator for Pandemic Resilience 2023
Deadline: January 31, 2023
Applications are open for the AUDA-NEPAD Home Grown Solutions Accelerator for Pandemic Resilience 2023. The Home Grown Solutions (HGS) Accelerator for Pandemic Resilience is an initiative that aims to accelerate the growth of African healthcare companies to strengthen the continent’s pandemic resilience, in line with the African Union’s Agenda 2063 aspirations.
This is achieved through offering hands-on and tailored support to growth- and mature stage healthcare businesses. The African Union Development Agency (AUDA-NEPAD) founded the Accelerator initiative in partnership with the Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the official development assistance agency of the Government of Japan.
They will work shoulder-to-shoulder with your team to design and deliver a customized, five-month acceleration roadmap in 2023, to support your company’s specific growth needs across three key areas:
- Context Specific advisory: They have a team of world class consultants to diagnose your business needs and deliver tailor-made business advisory services
- Investment Readiness Support: They help you be better prepared for fund raising including business model validation, pitch preparation and linking you to capital needed to scale
- Matching to Strategic Partners: They will leverage their network and introduce you to leading organizations to grow your business through partnership
As part of the third cohort, you will receive this unique offering for your business while shaping this Acceleration programme for fellow African businesses in the future. After this period and as a future alumnus of the Accelerator, you will continue to have access to a unique and growing network of peers, advisors, mentors, and potential partners.
You can apply if
- You are a growth or mature stage company, meaning you must:
- Be registered as a for-profit entity
- Demonstrate clear market traction and sizable customer base
- Express ambition and potential to scale beyond your current size
- You strengthen Africa’s health system, for example:
- You manufacture medical consumables or devices on the continent
- You provide healthcare services to patients, be it diagnostic, treatment or otherwise
- You provide technology solutions to strengthen health access or delivery
- You can be described as a Home Grown Solution, meaning you must:
- Operate mainly or solely in Africa (preference for companies operating across countries)
- Employ mostly local staff in the markets in which you are active
- Have strong African representation in your leadership
Before proceeding with the application process, have prepared PDF’s (max 5MB) that describe the qualifications of your company founders and leadership team as well as any pitch deck or company description document you would like to share.
For more information, visit AUDA-NEPAD.