IAS Scholarship to Attend the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science 2023
Deadline: January 31, 2023
Apply for the IAS Scholarship to Attend the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science 2023. IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, will take place in Brisbane, Australia, and virtually from 23 to 26 July 2023. IAS 2023, being held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, will shine a spotlight on the world’s advances in HIV research.
The IAS Conference on HIV Science is the world’s most influential meeting on HIV research and its applications. This biennial conference presents the critical advances in basic, clinical and operational HIV research that move science into policy and practice. Through its open and inclusive programme, the meeting sets the gold standard of HIV science, featuring highly diverse and cutting-edge research.
- IAS – the International AIDS Society – will give out both in-person and virtual scholarships for IAS 2023. You may indicate your preferred attendance type in your application, as well as the types of financial support you require for your participation. Note that given the high demand, they may not be able to grant full scholarships or in-person scholarships to all selected candidates.
- You can apply if you are at least 18 years old on July 23, 2023;
- Individuals working, volunteering or studying in the area of HIV, are welcome to apply for a scholarship.
The following candidates will be given priority:
- Abstract presenters whose submission has been selected for the conference.
- Applicants from low- and middle-income countries.
- Applicants who are part of key populations and people living with HIV.
- Young people and junior investigators below the age of 35.
- Applicants who did not previously receive a scholarship for an IAS conference.
To apply for a scholarship, all eligible candidates will have to answer questions about their background, experience and motivation to attend the conference and upload a letter of recommendation. All answers must be in English. This letter must fulfil the following basic criteria:
- Written in English
- Include a letterhead of your referee’s organization, company or institution
- Dated within two months of the application submission and signed (original or digital signature) by the referee
- Explicitly mention you and support your scholarship application and attendance of IAS 2023
In the application form, candidates will be able to indicate what attendance type they prefer and request different types of financial support.
For more information, visit 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science.