INSAIT Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship 2023 in Sofia, Bulgaria (Funded)
Deadline: January 31, 2023
The Institute for Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Technology (INSAIT) is now accepting applications for the Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship 2023. The Undergraduate Summer Research Fellowship program offers the opportunity to highly motivated undergraduate students from around the world to engage in research activities in the summer under the mentorship of faculty and researchers at INSAIT. The program is modeled after the top successful summer research programs at MIT, Caltech, and ETH Zurich.
Throughout the program, summer students have to deliver:
- Project plan discussed with their mentor. The project plan should be ready at the beginning of the summer program.
- Final report which summarizes your work structured as a conference paper. Very often the aim will be for the final report to be submitted to a suitable conference
- Final presentation to be given as part of the INSAIT seminar series
The program is 8-10 weeks long with the exact duration of the summer project decided between the student and their mentor. In order for students to optimally benefit from the program, they do not allow summer projects to be carried out remotely. Students are expected to be present at the institute in Sofia, Bulgaria for a minimum of 8 (max 10) weeks during the summer.
- Selected students will receive a monthly stipend of 1500 EUR to cover their living & accommodation expenses.
- The accommodation for the students will be arranged for and the cost will be deducted from their stipend.
- They also provide travel support for selected candidates.
- Access to world-class advisors
- Undergraduate students enrolled in any accredited university who are in their sophomore, junior, or senior (2,3,4) year are eligible to apply.
- The students should be enrolled in a STEM major such as computer science or math.
- To be eligible, applicants should also have a minimum GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or the equivalent in the corresponding grading system.
- They strongly encourage applications from communities generally underrepresented in STEM.
Students are evaluated solely on their application materials irrespective of where they come from.
Applicants need to submit their application materials before the deadline via our online platform. Your application should include:
- A current CV (in pdf format)
- An unofficial transcript from your university (in pdf format)
- A one-page motivation letter (in pdf format)
Please, state (1) Why you are interested in our summer research program, (2) two research areas at INSAIT that you are interested in, (3) whether you have prior research experience
For more information, visit INSAIT.