Apply for the Ashden Awards 2023 (up to £25,000)
Deadline: March 8, 2023
Applications are open for the Ashden Awards 2023. This year, the Awards will help power up inclusive innovation creating a fairer low carbon world – tackling inequality and empowering communities on the frontline of the climate crisis through jobs, skills and training.
Ashden winners come in all shapes and sizes. They don’t reward the biggest organisations or slickest marketing pitches – they are looking for passion, potential and commitment to the Ashden values. They have put winners on stage at the COP climate talks and in global media.
Where could an Ashden Award take your organisation this year? Apply now to find out!
- Ashden Award for Energy Innovation
- Ashden Award for Skills in Sustainable Land Management
- Ashden Award for Community Nature Adaptation
- Ashden Award for Integrated Energy Africa
- Ashden Award for Skills Powering Energy Access
- Ashden Award for Energising Agriculture
- Ashden Award for Natural Climate Solutions
- Ashden Award for Energising Refugees and Displaced People
- Winning an Ashden Award brings a prize of up to £25,000 as well as ongoing development support.
- They put winners in front of funders, investors, policymakers, journalists and others who know the unique value of an Ashden Award and the strength of their rigorous assessment process.
- They create promotional films about your winners’ work and tell their story in mainstream and specialist media, and through Ashden growing digital channels. They have helped previous winners gain coverage at Sky News, The Telegraph, Times of India, Al Jazeera, New Scientist and other leading platforms.
- Award winners’ views, needs and insights are at the heart of Ashden influential reports, toolkits and events – which shape the views of key climate decision makers.
- All winners join the Ashden network – giving them the chance to connect with new partners through masterclasses, investor pitching events and introductions to influential policy makers.
- Businesses, NGOs, government organisations, and social enterprises (both for-profit and not-for-profit, including community groups) are all eligible. Each award is limited to work in certain parts of the world.
To be shortlisted and win an award, all applicants must satisfy these eligibility criteria:
- The work submitted for an award must be currently available to customers, clients or beneficiaries.
- The applicant must show an innovative approach in their work.
- The applicant’s work must have the potential to create significant impact. This might be achieved by their growth as an organisation, or the replication of their innovation around the world. Applicants must be willing to work with Ashden and others to achieve this goal. ‘Significant’ impact could be a large reduction in emissions, a mitigation action that addresses a serious threat to people’s wellbeing, or a transformation in people’s quality of life – particularly the most marginalised.
- The applicant must show good governance and management. They are looking for efficient use of funds and a strong plan to generate further income, whether from sales, grants or any other source. Organisations can be for profit or not-for-profit. Winners must have sustainability embedded in their values and practices.
Applications made in English must be completed and submitted via the online application system. Start by registering your interest below. They will review your registration of interest, and let you know whether you are invited to submit a full application form.
For more information, visit Ashden Awards.