Deadline: February 28, 2023
Applications are open for the Climate Tracker Solutions Story Grant on Plastics 2023. Climate Tracker Asia is now accepting pitches for a new reporting initiative focused on plastic pollution and solutions to combat the problem.
Countries across Asia Pacific are struggling to deal with the challenges caused by plastic throughout its life cycle. But citizens and governments in the region are also taking action to combat plastic pollution and debunk false solutions.
Climate Tracker Asia is seeking multimedia story proposals from journalists and communicators (including students!) from the Asia Pacific region who want to shine light on the links between plastic pollution and climate change, and the solutions to the two crises.
This initiative titled “Uncovering the Plastic Crisis: Stories of Pollution and Solutions” is in partnership with Break Free From Plastic.
- Story grant amounting to EUR 200
- Individualized mentoring
- Resources on the links between plastic pollution and climate change, and solutions journalism
- Networking opportunities with journalists and experts in the region
- Open to journalists and communicators (including students) from the Asia Pacific region who want to shine light on the links between plastic pollution and climate change, and the solutions to the two crises.
They welcome story ideas on the following topics:
- links between plastics and climate change
- expansion of the plastics industry in the region
- global plastics treaty
- waste trade
- microplastics in bodies of water
- impacts of plastics on human health
- “sachet culture,” single-use plastics, plastic packaging
Solutions stories or those highlighting how communities solve the crisis are preferred.
Submit a story pitch that includes the following:
- Working title
- Story summary (maximum of 150 words)
- Story format and length
- Potential sources (interviewees, data)
- Links to stories you’ve produced before
- Link to your CV
Submit your pitches from January 16 to February 28. Applications will be reviewed every Friday so send your pitches right away as they only offer 12 story grant opportunities.
For more information, visit Climate Tracker.