L’Oréal Green Sciences Incubator – Startup Call 2023
Deadline: February 6, 2023
Applications for the L’Oréal Green Sciences Incubator 2023 are now open. L’Oréal Green Sciences Incubator is looking for game-changing solutions to onboard on their innovation journey. Through this call, L’Oréal GSI will offer a unique opportunity for selected startups to collaborate with L’Oréal and reveal their potential.
The Green Sciences Incubator provides the perfect environment to support startups in their development. Under the guidance of the L’Oréal Open Innovation team, the Green Sciences Incubator was created to support L’Oréal For the Future Commitments.
The collaboration will be tailored to your startup’s needs and will include:
- Co-innovative mindset – share a common project, team and space.
- A common team – collaborate with a wide range of L’Oréal experts.
- Access to L’Oréal resources – benefit from a privileged access to L’Oréal laboratory facilities.
The incubation programmes – according to your needs – will go from an incubation on L’Oréal research sites up to a full-time incubation on the Genopole innovation campus.
You can apply if you are:
- Currently operating in another sector than cosmetics and would like to transpose your innovative solution to join the cosmetics industry with L’Oréal’s support.
- Currently operating in the cosmetics industry and would like to accelerate your solutions thanks to this collaboration.
They are looking for innovative solutions working on:
- Biotechnology & Fermentation – culturing microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, microalgae, fungi) or cells (animal or plant) in bioreactors or controlled environments.
- Sustainable cultivation – cultural practices and technologies that aim to manage water resources, respect biodiversity and soil quality, limit land occupancy footprint and carbon emissions while providing macroscopic organisms (plant, mushroom & algae) for innovation.
- Green extraction & Physical processes – eco-respectful technology leading to a final ingredient without any (bio)chemical transformation of natural resources from plant, algae, mushrooms, μorganisms, cells or abundant minerals.
- Green chemistry – design of chemical products and processes that reduce or eliminate the use/generation of hazardous substances.
L’Oréal Green Sciences incubator is particularly seeking for solutions addressing:
- Key Raw Materials challenges: green and non-ecotoxic alternatives for cationic polymers / silicones, thickeners, solvents, UV filters, dyes; sustainable and biodegradable polymers, proteins as functional materials
- Key cosmetic functions for skin and hair benefits: washing, caring, coloring and color control, repairing, optical effects, sensoriality, long lasting, water-resistance, shape control, skin protection and correction, adhesion, shine, resurfacing, waterless hygiene
- Innovative techniques: Synbio, microbial/enzymatic fermentations, cell culture, water/enzyme/microwave extraction, artificial photosynthesis, surfactant-free processes, water management, circularity