The World Data Visualization Prize 2023 (Over $50,000 in prizes)
Deadline: February 1, 2023
Submission are invited for the World Data Visualization Prize 2023. Introduced in 2019 edition, the prize focuses on how governments are improving citizens’ lives, and the innovations – seen and unseen – that drive and measure success in this realm.
This $50,000 global creative data challenge is hosted by the World Government Summit Organization, a global, neutral, non-profit organization dedicated to shaping the future of governments. They supply the datasets and themes. You provide creative, intuitive data-visualizations that tell a story or reveal something interesting about the data.
The winning works will receive cash prizes, international press coverage, and the chance to have their work exhibited to world leaders at the World Government Summit in February 2023.
This year’s prize focuses on the past, present and future. How well has the world progressed and improved in recent years? Where do we stand right now and how could we measure that? And what factors and drivers might shape society, government and citizens of the future?
Championing the power of data-visualization to inspire new ways of thinking and seeing the world
Just choose a concept and a dataset. Dive in, explore, create. Choose one or visualize all three of the following competition concepts and datasets.
- What Just Happened? What’s improved? What’s broken through? What’s gone supernova? Charting our development across many different metrics over a 10 year period to highlight the successes – and the bottlenecks.
- Dashboard of the Present Future. Governments need to see how well they, their nation and their populace are doing – from a data-perspective. Design us a data display for this purpose. How might it look, feel and function. Which metrics are primary?
- The Future of Frontiers. What factors and drivers might shape the society, government and citizens of the future? Tracking and visualising our progress and predictions for innovation in adaptation, future governance, public services, and social technology.
- $25,000-Grand Prize Winner
- $7,500-Interactive, Winner
- $5,000-Interactive, Runner-up
- $2,500-Interactive, Third Place
- $5,000-Poster, Winner
- $3,000-Poster, Runner-up
- $1,000-Poster, Third Place
- $1,000-Poster, Fourth Place
- The competition is open to anyone interested in design, data-analytics, and visual story-telling.
- Maybe you’re a designer, a developer, a creative professional, an analytics ninja, solo practitioner or a team – all are welcome to take part.
- All entries must have the World Government Summit logo somewhere on the layout.
- You are welcome to use any tool, software, or library to create your interactive or static visualisation.
- For posters & single images, minimum resolution is 640 pixels tall. Max is 3000 pixels wide (no height restriction). Please send a link to very large files.
- You may enter up to one entry per concept. So a max of three per team or individual total please.
- Make sure entries have a clear title, legend and other details to aid understanding.
- Entries can be in any language, but please supply an English translation if possible.
Entries can be expressed and submitted in two different forms:
- Interactive: A multi-view dynamic visualization allowing us to filter, play, and otherwise explore the data and information
- Poster/Chart: A single static graphic that highlights a pattern, trend or connection in the data… or somehow – incredibly – visualizes it all!
Click here to apply.
For more information, visit World Data Visualization Prize.