LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Development Programme 2023 (up to N1.5 Million)
Deadline: February 17, 2023
Applications are open for the LEAP Africa Youth Leadership Development Programme 2023. The Youth Leadership Development Programme is designed to empower, equip, and support young change leaders who are Nigerian undergraduates under the age of 30, by providing them with the knowledge, abilities, and supportive environment needed for them to become self-leaders who bring long-lasting change to their communities.
The Youth Leadership Programme has never been more pertinent to the present problems being experienced in Africa today, especially those bordering on leadership, active citizenship, and sustainable development, as Nigeria approaches an election year.
The Youth Leadership Development Programme comprises 22 modules centered on the three pillars of the programme which are Leadership, Active citizenship and Sustainable/Community development. The modules have been carefully designed and tailored to address the current realities of young people in Nigeria to fix the gaps in leadership, active citizenship and sustainable/community development. The modules will help equip the participants with the knowledge, skills and attitudes they need to become true change makers that lead community change and influence policy change.
The Youth Leadership Development Programme will take on two pathways this year; the Sustainability pathway and the Advocacy pathway.
- The Youth Leadership Programme (Sustainability Pathway) addresses the need to educate, strengthen, support, and enable young people in Nigeria for leadership, activism, and social change through outcome-driven policy engagements and inclusive resourcing that will support youth in shaping and supporting medium and long-term national development.
- Intercampus Leadership Debates (Advocacy Pathway) provides an avenue to reawaken student activism in Nigeria, demystify what leadership means, inspire active citizenship, and support them in collectively articulating their visions of the future while catalyzing pathways for them to decisively participate in that future themselves. This will be done through nationwide leadership debates.
- A sum of N200,000 – N1.5 Million up for grabs.
To successfully apply for the YLDP, an applicant should possess the following qualities:
- A Male or Female Undergraduate in a Tertiary/Vocational Institution in Nigeria.
- Aged 18 – 30 years.
- Passionate about advocacy, activism and community development.
- Interested in inclusion, diversity and civic responsibility and eager to exercise these interests.
- Eager to champion change projects geared towards community development & the SDGs.
- Eager to engage with government institutions and influence policy.
- Committed to attending the Online Training, Debates and is available for mentoring.
For more information, visit YLDP.