Deadline: March 31, 2023
Applications are open for the EIB Institute/Cité Internationale des Arts Artists Development Programme 2023. The ADP offers European visual artists a residency accompanied by the sponsorship of an internationally renowned artist. It allows artists to deepen their practice and work on the production of a work of art free from material constraints.
The EIB Institute was established within the EIB Group (European Investment Bank and European Investment Fund) to promote and support social, artistic, cultural and academic initiatives alongside European stakeholders and the general public. The Artists Development Programme (ADP) is one of its flagship initiatives.
The Cité internationale des arts is an artists’ residency that brings together artists in the heart of Paris and allows them to implement a creative or research project in all disciplines.
The programme includes:
- A workshop-accommodation on the site of the Marais of the Cité internationale des arts (furnished space for work and life, with wifi);
- A flat-rate daily allowance of €80 (eighty euros) to cover daily costs and/or part of the production costs.
- A production contribution of €500 (five hundred euros) at the beginning of the residency and a remuneration of €1,000 (one thousand euros) at the end of the residency, if the artist has produced a work or a set of works.
- Round-trip transportation to Paris.
At the end of the residency, the EIB may consider acquiring a work produced by the artist during the residency.
- Be born after January 1, 1988 (in the case of an artist duo, both members must be 35 years of age or younger).
- Be a citizen of the European Union (in the case of an artist duo, both members must be European Union nationals) or be nationals of Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey or Ukraine for the second format, or be a national of Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, Hungary, Luxembourg or Slovakia for the third format.
- Fluency in English.
Candidates’ files must contain the following:
- A CV in English (four pages maximum) including education, professional experience, solo and group exhibitions and media coverage.
- A cover letter with ideas to explore during the residency (maximum 700 words).
- A portfolio (eight pages maximum in A4 PDF format) presenting a representative selection of the candidate’s work.
Note that proof of nationality and age will be required in case of selection.
For more information, visit Artists Development Programme.