Deadline: February 28, 2023
Applications are open for the Africa Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge 2023. This is an exclusive platform being provided to innovative African youth in travel and tourism looking for funding, partnership and mentorship opportunities to present their projects to the global marketplace in order to find the required support for their programmes.
- $1,000 grant seed for the winner.
- $500 grant seed for 1st & 2nd runner up.
- Complimentary enrolment for short courses provided by UNWTO.
- Mentorship, partnership, potential funding support and career opportunities.
- Opportunity to be part of an established network of Africa Youth in Tourism Mentors and Innovators.
- Open to youth in Africa.
- Age limit – 35 years.
- Competitor required to show a demo/Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5 min) during the presentation.
Clearly indicate the following to avoid disqualification:
- The vision, uniqueness, authenticity and rationale.
- Evidence of innovation in travel & tourism or related industry challenge being solved in Africa – COVID 19 era and into the future (such as technological, social entrepreneurship, educational, youth empowerment and job creation, environmental sustainability, community development, etc.)
- The sustainability of the impact of the project on travel and tourism, local communities and/or related industries.
- Timelines for the project.
- The kind of support required – funding, investors, mentorship, partnerships, etc.
- Conclusion/additional, but relevant information of not more than 500 words.
- Challenge Opens: December 8, 2022.
- Closing date: February 28, 2023.
- Adjudicators will shortlist Top 5: March 10, 2023.
- Shortlisted project promoters will be informed: March 15, 2023.
- Mentorship for elevator pitches (12 hours): March 20 – May 16, 2023.
- Submission of shortlisted project promoters: 5-minute presentation at the Summit – May 19, 2023.
- Top 3 announced on June 2, 2023.
- Competitor required to show a demo/ Minimum Viable Product (MVP) (5min) during the presentation.
- Winners & Runners-up announcement: At ATLF Awards in Gaborone, Botswana on October 20, 2023.
For more information, visit Youth in Tourism Innovation Challenge.