Deadline: February 13, 2023
Applications are open for the WAN-IFRA Women in News Editorial Leadership Award 2023. This award recognises an exemplary contribution of an editor to her newsroom and under her leadership, the contribution of her newspaper to society.
One outstanding editor from sub-Saharan Africa, one from the Arab region and one from Southeast Asia will be named Laureates in 2023. The Laureates will be honoured at the WAN-IFRA World News Media Congress 2023 in Taipei, Taiwan.
The Laureate will possess a proven track record of success within her newsroom, have demonstrated uncompromising editorial integrity throughout her career, and have a strong commitment to the principles of press freedom and its power to promote democracy and good governance. They have a demonstrated commitment to gender equality, mentoring and lifting up their members of staff while building an organisational culture that embraces equality. Over the past years, 15 exemplary editors from Africa, the Arab Region, and Southeast Asia were awarded the WIN Editorial Leadership Award.
- Eligible nominees must hold a senior editorial role as of January 1, 2023.
- News media (newspapers, magazines and digital-only) of all sizes from the sub-Saharan Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia are encouraged to submit a nomination.
- For nomination form in English, click here.
- For nomination form in Arabic, click here.
- For nomination form in Vietnamese, click here.
- For nomination form in Myanmar, click here.
- For nomination form in Bahasa, click here.
For more information, visit WAN-IFRA.