Apply to become a WomEng #1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassador. The #1MillionGirlsInSTEM is WomEng’s 10-year global commitment, initiated in 2017 at the United Nations Headquarters, aiming to reach 1 million girls globally, through Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education and awareness initiatives.
This programme is in collaboration with UNESCO. WomEng has developed advocacy tools including their LaunchPad workshop toolkit, and a virtual platform to track the reach of the campaign. To scale efforts, WomEng believes in partnerships & collaborations to reach this goal. They need you. Together, you can open a world of possibilities for girls and change her life so she can change the world. Do you have what it takes?
About #1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassadors
#1MillionGirlsinSTEM ambassadors are people who are passionate about creating awareness of the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in solving local and global problems. WomEng is changing the narrative from “What do you want to become when you grow up?” to “What problems do you want to solve?”
#1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassadors are independent self-starters that are using established and new networks and relationships to #InfluencewithImpact and continuously grow #1MillionGirlsinSTEM awareness initiatives. They have the ability to leverage personal and WomEng networks and toolkits to run outreach programmes that impact girls within their own local communities. This can include:
- Generating brand awareness by speaking to girls at schools, in communities and online about STEM.
- Hosting WomEng LaunchPad workshops for girls in schools and communities.
- Hosting STEM-related programmes such as coding workshops, robotic workshops, etc. that include girls.
- Assisting in content creation (i.e. writing blogs, newsletters, product reviews, etc.).
- Being an opinion leader in their community, advocating for girls in STEM.
Change a girl, change the world! As an ambassador you are a changemaker who is shaping a new world for the next generation of leaders in STEM. Alongside this, the benefits of being a part of this outreach campaign include:
- Training on how to run grassroots initiatives for STEM education
- Receiving a Brand Ambassador Toolkit
- Aligning yourself with a global campaign endorsed by UNESCO and related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Monitoring and tracking your social impact on our leader board
- Be profiled as a changemaker on our WomEng platforms
- Receive exclusive funding opportunities
- Open to people who are passionate about creating awareness of the importance of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics in solving local and global problems.
The Ambassador Journey to Impact:
- Step 1: Complete the online application form. Note that you will be asked to log into a Gmail account as you will be required to upload a profile photo and a copy of your ID. The WomEng team will review your application and provide you with an outcome.
- Step 2: If successful, you will be required to complete the #1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassador Introductory Training online course on WomHub Academy.
- Step 3: Attend a New Ambassador Virtual Meet and Greet Session. These are hosted every two weeks.
- Step 4: Once completed, you will gain access to their open-source resources and community through their Ambassador Platform and WhatsApp Groups.
- Step 5: Host STEM related outreach events in-person or virtually for girls between 5 – 18 years old.
- Step 6: Report on your impact to WomEng.
For more information, visit 1MillionGirlsinSTEM Ambassador.