Deadline: February 10, 2023
The Ashley Lashley Foundation is now accepting applications for the 2023 HEY Regional Focal Points. For the second time, The HEY Campaign will be appointing Regional Focal Points to represent a specific region of the world. The campaign is a global call for youth-led advocacy on climate change and health.
The Regional Focal Points are part of the HEY Ambassador Program, which brings together leading climate change activists for a 9-month Intergenerational program with the support of UNICEF and other partners. The program strengthens action for climate change and its impact on health, while creating a deeper connection and relationship between the HEY Community and its members through its practical advocacy efforts.
The Ambassador program provides the opportunity to take advocacies to new heights, strengthening engagement at the community level, all while accelerating our collective work for climate justice in our respective countries while simultaneously strengthening our skills to become community leaders.
To become a HEY Regional Focal Point, you must be between the age of 16 – 27 years of age.
For the second time, The HEY Campaign will be appointing Regional Focal Points to represent a specific region of the world. Those regions are Caribbean, Latin America, North America, Asia, Africa and Europe, for a period of three (3) months per cohort.
- Cohort 1: The Caribbean, Latin America & North America (April – June 2023)
- Cohort 2: Asia, Africa & Europe (July – August 2023)
Regional Focal Points will be working directly with The HEY Campaign Liaison Officer, and The Ashley Lashley Foundation (ALF) Executive Team, and will be responsible for all the Country Ambassadors that belong to their respective region.
Regional Focal Points will also help the ALF Executive Team in their selection process for the Country Ambassadors.
- The most active Regional Focal Point will be selected to attend global conferences such as COP28, the HEY Global Youth Network Summit, etc.
- The three (3) top performing Ambassadors and the two (2) best completed projects, from across the cohorts, will be selected and awarded with grant funding or technical support at the end of the programme.
- The knowledge and skills capacities of Regional Focal Points will be built and strengthened in the different aspects of development to help them achieve success in their role and future endeavors.
- Access to network with Ambassadors from across all regions.
- Open to include refugees, asylum seekers and persons with disabilities and other minority and indigenous groupings.
- Be proficient in English
- Be between 16 to 27 years old
- Selected persons must attend a scheduled interview with the ALF Executive Team: Monday, February 20th – Friday, February 24th, 2023
- Time Commitments:
- A 3-month duration of 4-6 hours weekly.
- Monthly meetings will be held with the respective Regional Focal Points.
- HEY monthly meeting call with The HEY Campaign Liaison Officer and The ALF Executive Team presenting a summary of their monthly report, (which would include weekly journals of their actions), and monthly Regional Focal Point meetings with their respective Country Ambassadors (1 hour)
- Orientation Training:
- Saturday, March 4th, 2023 | Time: 12 PM – 2 PM UTC -4
Mandatory capacity building sessions will occur for the duration of the programme.
The deadline for the HEY Regional Focal Point application form is the 10th February 2023.
For more information, visit HEY Regional Focal Point.