Deadline: April 7, 2023
Applications for the Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme 2023 for Young Professors & Researchers from LATAM Universities are now open. The Scholarship Programme for Young Professors and Researchers from Latin American Universities was launched for the first time in January 2004.
This initiative, which offers grants to finance short-term research visits, aims at favouring mobility and academic exchange between the two regions, Europe and Latin America.
The Coimbra Group is an association of 41 European universities which, among several other activities, promotes exchanges between European and Latin American researchers and academics. This call for applications for research visit grants is one of the ways in which exchanges are supported.
- Be a national of and currently resident in a Latin American country. Candidates already living and/or studying in Europe will not be considered.
- Hold a university degree or equivalent.
- Be linked, as a professor or researcher, to a Latin American University recognised as such by the authorities of the country.
- Use the Coimbra Group Office electronic application process. Only one application per candidate will be accepted.
- Submit online an acceptance letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work programme will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory.
- Must be born on or after 1 January 1982. Previously selected candidates can apply for a second grant, but they will not be prioritised.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2023 edition of this scholarship programme:
- University of Barcelona (Spain)
- University of Bologna (Italy)
- University of Coimbra (Portugal)
- University of Cologne (Germany)
- University of Granada (Spain)
- University of Graz (Austria)
- Alexandru Ioan Cuza University of Iaşi (Romania)
- Friedrich Schiller University Jena (Germany)
- Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- University of Padova (Italy)
- University of Pavia (Italy)
- University of Poitiers (France)
- University of Salamanca (Spain)
- University of Siena (Italy)
The final selection will be made in accordance with the following criteria:
- Academic skills of the applicant
- Experience as a professor or/and researcher
- Curriculum Vitae assessment
- Coherence between the programme proposed by the applicant and his/her academic background and experience
- Immediate benefits of the research visit for the academic and scientific future of the candidate and of the participating institution
Applications should be submitted in English, but they will accept applications in Spanish when applying to the Universities of Granada, Salamanca, and Barcelona and in Portuguese when applying to the University of Coimbra. No other language exceptions will be accepted.
For more information, visit Coimbra Group Scholarship.