Deadline: March 24, 2023
Applications are open for the Global Health Corps U.S. Fellowship 2023-2024. The GHC Fellowship in the U.S. identifies diverse, high-potential, emerging public health leaders and provides them with the leadership training, coaching, network, and resources to excel in their careers and advance health equity.
A GHC fellowship is an exciting opportunity to build skills as an effective leader, but it’s also much more than that. It’s a year that will catalyze your personal and professional growth, placing you within a global and diverse network of bright, young, and committed health equity champions. It is – GHC hopes – a catalyst for an impactful career working towards equitable health systems.
If you’re selected to participate in the 12-month fellowship, you will:
- Deepen your self-awareness. You will develop a clearer sense of your unique leadership strengths and weaknesses, and an informed understanding of how you’re perceived by others. You’ll articulate their personal values, explore their role in advancing health equity, and develop a vision for their growth as a leader.
- Improve your capacity for learning. You will explore barriers to and opportunities for learning about yourselves and your work. You’ll develop a personal learning agenda, interrogate personal mindsets and explore new strategies for learning.
- Extend and leverage your networks. You will adopt practices to extend your network in strategic ways. You’ll do a personal stakeholder analysis to consider the relationships you want to develop to increase your learning, extend your influence, and get the support and critical insights you need to advance your leadership. You’ll integrate into GHC’s global community of 1,200+ alumni and advisors.
- Improve your understanding of how change happens in a system. You will explore frameworks and tools that help you to better understand and analyze the systems you work and live in. You’ll develop an understanding of how change happens and strategies you can use to leverage systems change.
- Increase your efficacy. You will gain confidence in practicing your leadership and achieving positive results in your workplace and community. You’ll be able to apply the knowledge and insights you develop through immersion in GHC’s leadership framework and leverage the relationships you develop through GHC’s community of alumni and advisors.
All fellows will participate in:
- Monthly virtual workshops (3 hours/workshop)
- Monthly small group learning (1-2 hours/month)
- 360° assessment
- Executive coaching (6 sessions)
- GHC staff coaching and support
- 2 in-person convenings (3-4 days/convening)
- Asynchronous resources – regular preparation will be required through reading, writing and reflection in advance of the activities above
- $1,000 fellowship grant for continued learning and leadership development
- Integration into GHC’s lifelong global network spanning 40+ countries
To be eligible for the U.S. Fellowship, applicants must:
- Be an emerging leader between the age of 21-30;
- Currently living in and authorized to work in the U.S.;
- Currently employed in a U.S.-focused non-clinical public health role;
- Employed at your current organization for at least 6 months at the time of application.
The priority deadline is February 24, 2023. The final deadline is March 24, 2023. GHC welcomes high-potential, emerging public health leaders from a wide range of backgrounds to apply.
For more information, visit GHC Fellowship.