Deadline: March 3, 2023
Applications are open for the World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit Pitch Competition 2023. One of the flagship components of the Youth Summit, the Pitch Competition is a call for innovative and action-oriented solutions from young people to address some of the world’s most pressing challenges through grassroots local solutions with the potential to make a global impact.
In line with the 2023 Summit’s theme, they welcome submissions from all individuals and/or teams that address at least one of the three pillars of development goals:
- Fragility, conflict, and violence affected locations;
- Climate change, including energy security and transition;
- Financial security through employment and skill development.
In addition to these core themes, they also encourage cross-cutting solutions that address the needs of indigenous peoples, marginalized communities, rural women, and other vulnerable groups facing local challenges.
About the World Bank Group Youth Summit
The World Bank Group Youth Summit (“Summit”) is the largest worldwide annual gathering of youth (18-35 years old) hosted by the WBG to engage participants from around the world on the most pressing topics facing their generation. As the Summit celebrates its 10-year anniversary this year, its goal is to promote local solutions that have the potential to drive global impact.
The theme of the Summit, ‘From the Ground Up. Local Solutions to Drive Global Impact’, reflects the WBG’s commitment to supporting local ownership, knowledge, and solutions as a key part of addressing global development challenges in the areas of fragility, conflict, and violence (FCV); jobs and skills; and climate and energy.
- The winners will receive a certification, a physical trophy, a feature on World Bank Group communication channels, admission into the WBG Youth Summit Alumni Network, and a workshop focused on entrepreneurship. These prizes aim to recognize and support the winners’ achievements and future endeavors.
- Open to individuals, or teams of up to five people aged 18-35, regardless of prior experience in a particular field or topic.
- Participants can be students, as well as individuals who are currently working.
- To be eligible to participate in the competition, individuals or teams (i.e., all team members) must be willing and able to commit the time necessary to implement their solution after the competition, if it is not already being implemented.
- They encourage diverse and gender-balanced team compositions.
- Judges Choice Award and Honorable Mention: The team of judges will evaluate the presentation and the solution on clarity, scope, and relevance of the problem, solution and presentation; innovation and originality; feasibility of implementation; potential for impact; and compliance with application procedure/competition criteria/competition process.
- Audience Choice Award: The number of votes from the live Youth Summit audience, and the level of engagement on social media post (in a set format that will be communicated to the finalists) will together be used to pick the Audience Choice.
The application form must be filled and submitted along with the pitch deck by March 3, 2023, 11:59 pm EST. No exceptions will be made.
For more information, visit WBG Youth Summit Pitch Competition.