Deadline: March 2, 2023
Applications are open for the IHE Delft and FirstRand Scholarship Programme 2023/2024 for South Africa. The FirstRand Foundation, the corporate foundation of South African financial institution FirstRand Limited is partnering with IHE Delft Institute for Water Education to set up a scholarship programme to enable outstanding South African students to study for MSc degrees at IHE Delft in the Netherlands.
The scholarship programme will run for five years and provides full funding for one student per year to study for a MSc in Water and Sustainable Development at IHE Delft. Scholarship winners will be selected based on their academic merit and potential.
There are nine scholarships available to South African citizens, all of which are for international postgraduate study. These are:
- Two FirstRand Laurie Dippenaar scholarships for international postgraduate study;
- Three FirstRand Foundation scholarships for international postgraduate study;
- FirstRand Oxford African Studies scholarship an MSc in African Studies at the Oxford School of Global and Area studies;
- FirstRand Oxford Blavatnik School of Government scholarship for a Master of Public Policy;
- FirstRand Oxford Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment scholarship for an MSc in Sustainability, Enterprise and the Environment; and
- FirstRand IHE Delft Water Education scholarship for an MSc in Water and Sustainability.
- Open to outstanding South African students.
- Candidates who are currently, or have been studying overseas for degree purposes, will not be considered for this scholarship.
- Successful candidates are required to return to South Africa for at least five years after completing their studies.
The successful candidates will have excelled academically in their chosen field and will have been able to demonstrate:
- leadership qualities
- strength of character
- community involvement
- the potential to be a destiny changer in his or her chosen field
Applications, including all attachments and reference letters, must be completed online and applicants must have applied directly to the university of their choice by the time the application for the scholarship is submitted.
Applicants need to submit the acceptance letter from their university of choice as soon as it is received to [email protected], no later than April 6, 2023.
For more information, visit IHE Delft/FirstRand Scholarship.