Deadline: March 15, 2023
Applications are open for the ZEP-RE Insure-Tech Programme 2023: Innovating for Insurance. The ZEP-RE Innovation Hub is excited to start supporting scalable startups in creating new markets and optimizing efficiency, as the first insurtech incubator in Rwanda. They are calling all startups who are interested in entering the insurtech industry to onboard new corporate customers and investors.
They will select 25 startups for for the Insurtech Hackathon in March 2023. At the end of the event, they will select 5 teams to join a 6-month incubation programme. 3 out 5 teams will receive cash prizes up $15,000 at the end of the 6-month programme. Additionally, the ZEP-RE investment team will evaluate all startups for potential seed investment and further support to scale in the COMESA region.
This programme is implemented in partnership with Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali.
- Access to industry experts and mentors
- Networking opportunities with potential investors, partners and corporate customers
- Free workspace and resources to help you scale your business
- Potential for seed funding and investment from ZEP-RE
- Opportunity to scale into the new and untapped industry of insurtech
- Open to a multidisciplinary team with demonstrated experience in their field and/or working together.
- An interest and commitment to pivot to the insurance industry.
- An existing product/service that can potentially be used in the insurance industry.
- They are particularly interested in startups in fintech, agri-tech, health-tech, legal-tech, climate-tech and blockchain-enabled solutions, etc. located in Rwanda.
- Fill in the complete application form
- Attend the launch event on March 2, 2023 at the Westerwelle Startup Haus Kigali
- Selected participants will take part in a 3-day Hackathon on March 21-23
- They will notify applicants of their acceptance for the Hackathon on March 17
- 5 teams from the Hackathon will be selected for a 6-month incubation programme and potential for investment/cash prizes
Application deadline is March 15 at 11:59pm Rwanda time.
For more information, visit ZEP-RE Insure-Tech Programme.