Deadline: March 15, 2023
Applications are open for the Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO) Summer Training Programme 2023. The Spanish National Cancer Research Centre (CNIO; Centro Nacional de Investigaciones Oncológicas), in Madrid, Spain, offers research training opportunities to students of all nationalities interested in pursuing a research career in the Biomedicine and Life Sciences during summer time.
Up to 5 summer training positions will be awarded during 2023 to university students from any country who study in the Biomedical & Life Sciences or related fields.
- The CNIO will cover the student’s travel expenses: one return ticket from the student’s hometown to Madrid.
- During the summer training programme, the CNIO will subsidize breakfasts and lunches at the centre’s cafeteria.
- Students will be covered by a personal accident insurance throughout their stay at the CNIO.
- Citizens from countries not issuing the EHC will receive a private health insurance and a repatriation insurance, except those who are already covered by a valid health insurance during the whole summer stay.
- Upon completion of the training programme, the CNIO will issue a certificate indicating his/her area of training.
- You must have passed at least 2/3 of the total credit points (courses or exams) required for a Life Sciences or Biomedicine-related undergraduate degree (in any country).
- You must maintain your undergraduate student status throughout the whole summer programme (June 26 to August 18, 2023).
- You must have an excellent academic record with a Grade Point Average (GPA) above 0.75 (with your GPA as the numerator and the highest possible GPA as the denominator).
- You must have a good knowledge of English.
- You must be available from June 26 to August 18 (8 weeks) to attend the training programme. If you cannot be at the CNIO during this period, you will not be eligible for the programme.
Only shortlisted candidates will be asked to send the following documents by e-mail to [email protected]:
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Copy of an official Transcript of Records, Academic Transcript or Certification, stating the number of credits passed.
- Copy of the National Identity Card or Passport.
- Proof of having a valid health insurance, whether public or private, during the whole summer stay. Citizens from countries issuing the European Health Card (EHC), including Spanish nationals, must present this documentation.
It is highly recommended to have these documents prepared in advance.
For more information, visit CNIO Summer Training Programme.