Deadline: February 28, 2023
Applications are open for the European Space Agency (ESA) Young Graduate Trainee Programme 2023. The ESA YGT Programme offers young graduates with a Master’s degree a unique opportunity to work on inspiring space missions at the heart of European space activities.
Join the ESA team of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe working together in an international and friendly environment. The European Space Agency’s mission is the peaceful exploration and use of space for the benefit of everyone. Apply today to be a part of this mission.
The ESA Young Graduate Trainee Programme offers:
- A unique professional experience as part of a team of scientists, engineers and business professionals from all over Europe, working together on inspiring space missions in an international, multicultural and friendly environment.
- A great opportunity to gain extensive experience that could open doors to a career within Europe’s space sector.
- A one-year contract (with possible extension for a second year) with 2.5 days’ paid leave per month.
- Excellent employment conditions, including a monthly salary exempt from national income tax in ESA Member States.
- Travel expenses reimbursed at the beginning and end of the contract.
- Expatriation allowance and/or an installation allowance on arrival if you move from another country. Excess luggage costs are also reimbursed.
- Comprehensive health cover under ESA’s social security scheme. Note that Young Graduate Trainees do not contribute to ESA’s pension scheme and may wish to opt for alternative solutions.
To be eligible for the YGT Programme, you must be:
- a student in the final year of a Master’s degree or have just graduated in engineering, science, IT or business services.
- a citizen of one of the following ESA Member States: Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Nationals from Latvia, Lithuania, Slovakia and Slovenia, as Associate Members, or Canada as a Cooperating State, can apply as well as those from Bulgaria and Cyprus as European Cooperating States.
- Explore the Young Graduate Trainee opportunities here.
- Select the opportunity that interests you the most and fits best with your academic background and aspirations. Due to the high number of applications received each year, they can only accept a maximum of two applications per person.
- Register and create your candidate profile with your CV and motivation letter.
- Apply! You will be able to track the status of your application throughout the process by logging into your candidate profile.
For more information, visit ESA YGT.