Deadline: March 10, 2023
Applications are open for the Vital Voices (VV) Visionaries Programme 2023. The VV Visionaries Programme is a partnership between Vital Voices Global Partnership and the Estée Lauder Emerging Leaders Fund, the charitable fund of Estée Lauder, to support the next generation of emerging leaders who are redefining leadership in their everyday lives.
The programme is investing in trailblazing women by increasing their access to leadership training, mentorship, and the networks that sustain them. For over 25 years, Vital Voices has partnered with thousands of women leaders across 184 countries to deepen their impact, grow their leadership skills, and accelerate change on a global scale. Together with the Estée Lauder Emerging Leaders Fund, they aim to champion women leaders across diverse sectors, industries, and experiences who want to create positive social impact in their communities and beyond. The VV Visionaries programme is supporting women visionaries who are shaping the future they wish to see: the perception of what defines a leader, and what it takes to become a leader – in their own way.
When women advance, the world succeeds. Whether you are an entrepreneur, activist, non-profit leader, or someone with a bold vision for change, you can have a profound impact. They need leaders across every industry and every community who use their power, influence, and passion to make positive change.
Fellows selected will participate in a 7-week virtual training course built on the foundation of Vital Voices’ proven 5-point leadership model, incorporating lessons in leadership from Estée Lauder executives and leaders from the Vital Voices network. One annual in-person experience will be held for the top 20 participants from the year to provide them with deeper training and investment in their personal leadership journey. Most importantly, the programme will foster connection, collaboration, shared learning, and individualized support to support participants’ leadership growth.
Following completion of the programme, participants will join the Vital Voices community of over 20,000 changemakers across 184 countries, each of whom are daring to reimagine a more equitable world for all.
- Is at least 18 years old at the time of application and identifies as a woman
- Is proficient in English
- Is a key decision maker of their social impact organization, business, initiative, OR
- Has an established social impact organization, business, initiative, OR
- Has a clear vision for an organization, business, initiative with an explicit social purpose
- Is passionate about having a positive social impact in their community and/or industry and has demonstrated progress toward doing so
- Has demonstrated leadership that constitutes a more collaborative and innovative approach to leadership
- Is committed to fully engaging in the 7-week course and actively being a part of the cohort and broader Vital Voices community for collaboration, shared learning, and peer support
- Is seeking to step into, or build upon, their leadership potential
- Is open and ready for deep personal reflections
- Is open to listening and learning from others, values diversity of thought, and is committed to creating a safe space
Successful applicants who are invited to participate in the programme are expected to:
- Fully participate in the 7-week programme, which will include 2-4 hours per week of live virtual training and weekly assignments focused on your personal leadership growth. Participants should have no more than 2 absences to remain in good standing and receive a certificate of completion.
- Engage and collaborate with other leaders in your cohort as part of a peer support and learning network.
- Submit regular updates to Vital Voices throughout the program and remain in contact with Vital Voices after the programme to share success stories, conduct follow-up surveys about your progress, pursue further opportunities for awards or visibility, etc.
For more information, visit VV Visionaries Programme.