Deadline: April 14, 2023
Applications are open for the Konrad Adenauer Visiting Scholar Programme on Transatlantic Relations – Fall 2023. The position will involve teaching one MA-level seminar at Carleton University on a topic in transatlantic relations; the precise topic will be determined in consultation with the successful applicant to reflect their scholarly expertise.
The course will be offered in the interdisciplinary Institute of European, Russian, and Eurasian Studies (EURUS), possibly cross-listed with another university department. In addition to teaching, the visitor will be expected to give one lecture on the topic of their research, which will be presented in a public event co-hosted by the Konrad Adenauer Foundation. Other activities during the visitor’s stay in Ottawa (such as research activities, consultations with policy practitioners, guest lectures at other universities, etc.) are encouraged and will be facilitated.
- The visiting scholar will receive a stipend to cover travel and accommodation expenses, as well as a fee for teaching.
- The Centre for European Studies will provide advice to the visitor on finding appropriate accommodation in Ottawa and managing other logistical challenges of the stay.
- Applicants must have demonstrated research expertise on transatlantic relations.
- They must hold a doctoral degree in a relevant discipline (including, but not limited to, Political Science, Law, Economics, etc.).
- Must have a record of publications and university teaching.
Applications should include the following documents:
- A letter of application, explaining the applicant’s interest in the position;
- A curriculum vitae, including a list of scholarly publications and teaching experience;
- A brief outline (maximum 200 words) of the proposed course; and
- A copy of a recent publication on a topic relating to transatlantic relations.
Submit required materials electronically no later than Friday, April 14, 2023, to [email protected] All materials should be included as attachments in a single email with the title line “Adenauer Visiting Scholar, YOUR NAME”.
For more information, visit Konrad Adenauer Visiting Scholar.