Deadline: March 31, 2023
Applications are open for the WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition 2023. The competition seeks to identify the most innovative and dynamic women entrepreneurs in STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) from Latin America and the Caribbean and connect them with potential financing opportunities.
The competition is part of WeXchange, IDB Lab’s platform to support the growth of women entrepreneurs in tech from the region. This call for applications is organized in partnership with Google and with the support of WeFi (Women Entrepreneurs Finance Initiative) and the venture capital fund, AVP Ventures.
If you are a woman, co-Founder, or part of the leadership team (C-suite) of a startup that is actively raising capital from pre-Seed to Series B, apply and become one of the 15 selected startups that will pitch in Bogota to investors and key innovation ecosystem players from Latin America and the Caribbean on June 13th and 14th, during the 2023 WeXchange Forum. This event will take place at IDB Lab Forum, the premier innovation event of the IDB Group’s.
- 15 women-led startups will be selected to travel to Bogota to pitch their business to investors and key innovation ecosystem players from Latin America and the Caribbean, on June 13 and 14, during the WeXchange Forum 2023. This event will take place at IDB Lab Forum, the premier innovation event of the IDB Group.
- In addition to participating in the WeXchange Forum, the selected woman entrepreneurs and their teams, will participate in one of Google for Startups’ flagship programmes -the Startup Academy- a micro-acceleration programme with workshops, keynotes and one-on-one mentoring sessions; that will connect them with experts in technology, digital marketing, leadership and fundraising.
- The first part of this bootcamp (80%) will be held virtually, and the remaining 20% will be held in person in Bogota, in the days leading up to the WeXchange Forum. The bootcamp is divided into blocks by topic, and all relevant members of the company are invited to participate in each block.
The prize of this call includes travel and lodging expenses for the female founder/co-founder or director (C-suite) of the company, who will be pitching.
- Startups with at least one woman in the founding or leadership team (C-suite).
- Startups that are actively raising capital from seed rounds to series A/B or planning an investment round within the next 3 months.
- Startups with a high technological component or where Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) are key pieces, to includes sectors such as fintech, edtech, agtech, healthtech, biotech, e-commerce, transportation/mobility, logistics, digital security, cleantech, tourism, SaaS for SMEs, among others.
- Legally incorporated startups with headquarters and operations in at least one country in Latin America or the Caribbean. Startups with highly scalable business models at a regional/global level and high potential for social and/or environmental impact.
- Profile of the founding team, previous experience, and ability to execute.
- Differentiating/disruptive element of the proposed solution.
- Growth potential & market size.
- Viability of the business model.
- Scalability potential.
- Potential for social and/or environmental impact.
- Performance and traction to date.
For more information, visit Women STEMpreneurs Competition.