Deadline: June 30, 2023
Applications are open for the ygap South Africa Agripreneurship Accelerator Programme 2023. ygap South Africa’s accelerator programme provides support for entrepreneurs who are looking to grow their impact focused venture.
The ygap South Africa Accelerator Programme helps ventures to refine and validate their business model, move towards financial sustainability, and grow the impact that they are having in their community. Completing the ygap South Africa Accelerator Programme will expand your ability to increase revenue, create employment opportunities, secure further investment, and make a real difference in the communities you operate within.
Ventures chosen for the ygap Accelerator Programme will graduate with:
- A proven and validated Theory of Change
- Proof of product-market fit with a clear value-proposition for key customer segments
- A validated business model that verifies the desirability, the feasibility and the viability of the business
- Detailed financial statements including income statements and cash flow statements
- Proven growth traction demonstrated through data across key metrics
- A reasonable and viable 12-month growth plan with a clear plan of action, quarterly milestones and projections
They expect that ventures who complete the ygap Accelerator Programme to increase their revenue, create employment opportunities and secure further investment, thereby making a real difference in the communities they operate within.
- Ventures that are operating in the area of Agriculture. They particularly encourage Black and women-led businesses working in the areas of climate and sustainability, livelihoods or food security.
- Ventures that are post-revenue and able to provide evidence of commercial transactions.
- Ventures that clearly recognise and desire the benefits and value of participating in the ygap programme. ygap invests deeply in the ventures they support and expect the same level of dedication and investment in participating in the ygap programme.
- Ventures that have a social or environmental focus. Through the operation of the business, ventures must be working toward making their community, their city, or their country a better place.
- Ventures that are “local” to the issue they’re solving, intimately connected to their community, passionate and committed, and it for the long-haul.
- Ventures that have already launched and are currently operational. In most cases, participating ventures must be formally registered, and proof of this status will be required (unless this is not applicable to where your business runs).
The application deadline is June 30, 2023. You will be notified of the status of your application by August 31, 2023.
For more information, visit ygap South Africa Accelerator.