Deadline: March 15, 2023
Applications are now open for the Social Connectedness Fellowship Program 2023 to empower students, recent graduates, youth and people with lived experience to carry out innovative research that will inspire local and global action to build community and belonging.
Fellows will have the opportunity to work with a partner organization and conduct research, writing, analysis, and outreach in thematic areas related to social isolation and connectedness.
At the heart of the Social Connectedness Fellowship is a strong supportive community among Fellows, their partners and Samuel Centre for Social Connectedness (SCSC). Fellows are an invaluable part of the global movement to create a world where everyone belongs. Through the Fellowship, they invest in the growth of their capacity and skills as researchers and changemakers. At the beginning of the Fellowship, they offer an introductory workshop on the theory and concepts of social isolation and belonging, as well as other workshops to strengthen Fellows’ skills in research, outreach, advocacy, and community engagement.
At the Samuel Centre for Social Connectedness their mission is to build connectedness within and between communities through partnerships, research, programming, learning initiatives, and advocacy. Belonging is central to their work, and the Fellowship offers the opportunity to apply the lens of belonging to intersectional issues, writing, and problem-solving.
- This is a full-time summer position starting May 8 and running until August 28, 2023. The wage is $22 to 24 Canadian per hour for 35 hours per week.
- Through the Social Connectedness Fellowship, SCSC offers:
- Competitive wages
- Work with national and international community partners
- Capacity building, skills development, and mentorship
- Meaningful work where your research has impact
The Social Connectedness Fellowship provides an opportunity for students, new graduates and people with lived experience to carry out innovative research that will inspire local and global action to build community and belonging. Anyone from any part of the world who fits that broad description can apply. Fellows are required to:
- Be ready to engage in regular online meetings, check-ins, capacity building sessions and remote work.
- Have a passion for building a more inclusive, and connected world.
- Commit 35 hours per week to the program.
To complete the 2023 Social Connectedness Fellowship application process, all candidates need to fill out the online application form.
For more information, visit Social Connectedness Fellowship.