Deadline: March 10, 2023
Calling for nominations for young leaders aged 18-35 in Sub-Saharan Africa for the Women and Youth in Democracy (WYDE) Project 2023. Set up to promote youth participation in public affairs, Women and Youth in Democracy (WYDE), is a new European Union-funded project led by the European Partnership for Democracy (EPD).
As members of the EPD, the Kofi Annan Foundation, jointly with the Westminster Foundation for Democracy and the Oslo Center, are searching for young leaders for the third pillar of this project, which aims to improve the inclusion of youth in democracy and decision-making. They are seeking highly motivated young leaders in Sub-Saharan Africa, aged between 18 and 35, to participate in a comprehensive training and mentoring programme to strengthen their skills and their networks, and to apply for grants to implement their projects.
Nominees must be available to participate actively in the online training and mentoring activities from May – September 2023.
- The activities amount to approximately 0.5 days per week for certain project parts (+ independent learning in addition).
- Nominees must have access to the Internet, a computer, and a suitable work environment to focus and participate actively in online meetings.
- A limited monetary contribution can be provided to help improve Internet access on a case-by-case basis (such as the cost of working in an Internet café or library).
- Nominees must be available to travel to participate in a one-week in-person ‘Learning and Networking Event’ in either November 2023 for English speakers or in February 2024 for French speakers. Travel and accommodation for the in-person event will be paid for.
- Open to young leaders from all sectors – civil society, politics, business, social media and art, who have the ability and networks to reach many young people through their activities.
- Nominees must be aged between 18 and 35 at the time of nomination.
- Nominees must be able to display a record of engagement on issues related to accountability, youth participation, leadership or similar.
- Nominees must be residing in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Nominees must be able to communicate fluently in either English or French, written and spoken.
Nominations and supporting documents must be sent by the nominating organisations to the following email: [email protected]
For more information, visit WYDE.