Deadline: March 26, 2023
Applications for the BKMC/GCA Online Executive Training: Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation 2023 are now open. After a successful first cycle, the Ban Ki-moon Centre for Global Citizens (BKMC) and Global Center on Adaptation (GCA) are proud to roll out the second iteration of the Online Executive Training – Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation with the objective to empower young women to unleash their full potential in driving climate change adaptation solutions.
The Online Executive Training – Young Women Leadership on Climate Adaptation is a virtual capacity-building program that strengthens the leadership of African young women to create climate-resilient solutions.
The training targets 30 young women, ages 20 to 35 from Ethiopia, Malawi, Namibia, Senegal, Cameroon, and Morocco. Over the course of 20 weeks the selected women will enhance their knowledge on climate adaptation, elevate their leadership skills, and connect with professional networks. The participants will experience a blended learning approach combining group live sessions on Zoom and self-learning tools such as videos, audio recordings, text resources, links, quizzes, and assignments.
You are eligible if you answer “Yes” to the following questions:
- Are you dedicated to climate action and have a passion for solving environmental challenges?
- Are you a young woman between 20 and 35 years old?
- Are you a national from Ethiopia, Malawi, Namibia, Senegal, Cameroon or Morocco?
- Do you have upper-intermediate English language skills?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s degree or higher with an academic background in international relations, political science, (environmental) engineering, natural sciences, humanities, agriculture, international development, economics, law or social sciences?
During the nomination process you will need to enter:
- Your personal details (e.g. name, contact information, date of birth, address, citizenship, education, language competence, short profile description)
- Your professional details (e.g. name of organization, function)
At the final stage of the nomination process you will be prompted to attach the following:
- a motivation letter (max 250 words)
- a portrait photo of yourself (JPEG or PNG format)
- an introduction video of yourself (max 30 seconds, MP4 or MOV format)
- your CV
For more information, visit Ban Ki-moon Centre.