Deadline: April 6, 2023
Applications are open for the EJN Media 2023 Workshop on Air Pollution in Nairobi, Kenya. The three-day workshop will strengthen the knowledge and skills of local journalists to report on air pollution, thereby contributing to greater public awareness of the sources, impacts, and potential solutions to air pollution in Nairobi.
Internews Earth Journalism Network (EJN) will facilitate engagement between journalists, subject experts, and communities affected by air pollution, providing an opportunity for journalists to gain knowledge on air quality science and better understanding of the real-life challenges faced by affected communities. The workshop will be held in Nairobi, Kenya from May 8-10, 2023.
- Meals and local travel allowance will be provided.
- Workshop will include a field trip to a location affected by air pollution.
- Open to Kenyan journalists based in Nairobi County from print, online, radio and television media outlets.
- Applicants must commit to attending all days of the workshop.
- Have some experience reporting on scientific and/or environmental topics.
- Understand and be able to communicate in English.
- Demonstrate interest in air quality issues.
- Permit republication by the organizers of any stories produced as a result of participation in the workshop.
Application deadline is April 6, 2023 at 11:59 PM, Africa/Nairobi EAT. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
For more information, visit EJN Workshop on Air Pollution.