Deadline: April 21, 2023
Applications are open for the Women in Africa (WIA) Young Leaders Program 2023. The WIA Young Leaders program aims at supporting and highlighting young African women leaders who will play a major role in the African revolution.
This year, 10 leaders will benefit from a tailor-made training program that will focus on women’s leadership and the skills of tomorrow. They will be supported by renowned mentors and will have the opportunity to live an immersive experience through a business trip in a world economic capital. This trip will allow them to access a high-level professional network, be trained, meet experts from their sectors and benefit from high visibility at international events.
The WIA Young Leaders program will be an opportunity to:
- Connect with high-level personalities and mentors such as CEOs, ministers, journalists, business or public figures, and serial entrepreneurs.
- Be trained on boards, media training, career coaching and other customized training.
- Benefit from international media visibility.
- Open to women between 25 and 40 years old (flexibility possible depending on experience level).
- Born in an African country or having parents born in an African country.
- Involvement in the development of the continent and social commitment.
- Leadership skills (humility, empathy and resilience).
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with “self-made” backgrounds.
- Vision of what Africa should be in the future.
- Willingness to reconcile business conduct, social impact and public/private dialogue.
- Ability to take on responsibilities at the highest level.
- Strong convincing skills combined with a taste for teamwork.
- Francophone, Anglophone, ideally bilingual.
The selection process will be conducted in two phases:
- Selection based on file: 12 pre-finalists
- Interview with the jury: 10 selected leaders
The deadline for applications is April 21, 2023 at midnight (French time). All young African women who contribute to building a dynamic, innovative and inclusive Africa are invited to apply for the programme.
For more information, visit WIA Young Leaders Program.