Deadline: April 30, 2023
Applications for the Leading Asia Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2023 are now open. Leading Asia is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Asia are represented at the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
Across the Asian continent, every state is confronted by a series of interdependent challenges. After years of prosperity and growth, the trade-war between China and USA may have transformative effects on the structure of the entire region. The 4IR is predicted to cause upheaval for industries that have sustained economies for decades. There has been a rapid rise of censorship across the South-East Asian region, increasingly in response to domestic instability. Improving the treatment of ethnic-minority groups remains an urgent priority. The region is chiefly responsible for extraordinary amounts of plastic pollution.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
The scholarship provides
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
- Hotel accommodation between 1 and 5 October 2023.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast. Your flight to and from Belfast must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2023, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The visa costs 100 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30.
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership.
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by mid-May 2023. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.Leading Asia Scholarship 2023
- One Young World cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that OYW will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not OYW Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading Africa selection process.
- They do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
For more information, visit Leading Asia Scholarship.