Deadline: April 30, 2023
Applications are open for the Leading the Pacific Scholarship to Attend the One Young World Summit 2023. The Leading the Pacific Scholarship is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from the Pacific region are represented at the One Young World Summit 2023 in Beflast, UK.
Across the entire Pacific region, environmental issues dominate the agenda. Locally, communities are struggling against challenges of waste management, deforestation, overfishing, and the after-effects of nuclear testing. These threats will soon render many of the Pacific Islands uninhabitable, but the regions receive negligible coverage in the global news. Leaders have struggled to connect this diverse collection of islands, but Pacific societies have prospered within their remote locations and have the potential to unite and drive change within the region.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit.
The scholarship provides:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
- Hotel accommodation between 1 and 5 October 2023.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast. Your flight to and from Belfast must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2023, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The visa costs 100 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
You are eligible for sponsorship if you:
- Are between the ages of 18 – 30;
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change;
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership;
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work;
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
Most delegates are between the age of 18 and 30. The One Young World team will consider applications from those who are older than 30, pending demonstration of appropriate personal impact, initiative, and willingness to engage. They are not able to accept applications from those who will be aged under 18 at the time of the Summit.
For more information, visit Leading The Pacific Scholarship.