Deadline: April 30, 2023
Are you a young leader from Europe? You could attend the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast from 2 – 5 October via the Leading Europe Scholarship. Leading Europe is an initiative designed to ensure that outstanding young people from Europe are represented at One Young World Summits.
Europe finds itself at a crossroads. The environment is under threat despite the Green Deal at the forefront of Europe’s ambitions. The region is increasingly divided, with domestic upheavals and far-right, populist rhetoric espoused by the leaders of several European nations. The pressure of migration is still being felt across the continent. The bounds of media freedom are being tested as relationships between states and the press become more adversarial. Europe’s economic outlook is pessimistic amid widespread uncertainty in a post-Brexit era. The EU seeks to be at the heart of Fourth Industrial Revolution, but many European workforces are unprepared for the digital upheaval. Yet with the advancements in tech, medicine and energy, the future must be seen as bright.
In the midst of these challenges, it is young leaders who are devising meaningful strategies to build a more sustainable region. Are you one of those leaders? If so, One Young World is looking to bring you to the next annual Summit in Belfast.
The scholarship provides:
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK.
- Hotel accommodation between 1 and 5 October 2023.
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The cost of travel to and from Belfast. Your flight to and from Belfast must depart from and return to one and the same international airport.
Note that if you are ultimately selected for a Scholarship and require a visa to enter the UK to attend the One Young World Summit 2023, you will be required to pay the visa fee yourself. The visa costs 100 GBP plus the applicable service charge of your local visa application centre. The costs of the visa and the applicable service charge as well as any further costs associated with the visa application (including travel to and from the visa application centre) fall on you as the participant.
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 – 30.
- Have an evidenced commitment to delivering positive change.
- Demonstrate capacity for leadership.
- Are addressing key local and/or global issues in your work.
- Have a track record of generating impactful and innovative ideas.
The strongest applicants will be shortlisted by mid-May 2023. You will be contacted individually by a member of the One Young World team if you have been shortlisted.
- One Young World cannot guarantee any applicant that they will be shortlisted or that OYW will secure sponsorship for any shortlisted applicant.
- Priority will be given to applicants from countries that have been less represented at previous One Young World Summits.
- Priority will also be given to first-time Summit attendees (not One Young World Ambassadors).
- Due to the overwhelming amount of applications, One Young World is unable to respond to individual emails enquiring about the outcome of the Leading Europe selection process.
- They do not provide feedback as to why candidates are not selected.
For more information, visit Leading Europe Scholarship.