Deadline: May 15, 2023
Applications are invited for the Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa (PATA) Fellowship 2023. The Paediatric Anaesthesia Training in Africa (PATA), Abuja, is offering two 12-month Paediatric Anaesthesia Fellowship positions starting September 2023.
Fellows will work at the Department of Anaesthesia at the National Hospital Abuja. Teaching will be provided by local faculty and visiting specialists. PATA is locally led and supported by the World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists (WFSA), the Nigerian Society of Anaesthetists, and experienced partners from the global surgery and anaesthesia space including Smile Train and the Vanderbilt University Medical Centre.
- The successful applicants will receive funding to cover tuition, accommodation and subsistence living expenses.
- Must be registered and practicing medical practitioners in their country of origin.
- Must have a keen interest in paediatric anaesthesia and teaching.
- Must have completed residency training in Anaesthesia.
- Must be supported in their application by their own national anaesthesiology society which must be a member society of the WFSA.
- Must be supported in their application by their head of department or hospital management.
- Must be returning to their home country to a recognised post.
- Should ideally be working in a teaching hospital.
Complete your application form and upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s national anaesthesiology society
- Letter of recommendation from the applicant’s head of department or hospital management
- Copy of medical degree
- Copy of specialist anaesthesiology qualification
- Certificate of registration with the Medical board or council of the participant’s country
- Current practicing license from the Medical board or council of the participant’s country
- Copy of photograph page of passport
Eligible candidates will be required to partake in an interview. Successful applicants will be informed by June 1, 2023 via email. Successful applicants must confirm their intention to take up the scholarship within 3 days of notification. Failure to do so will result in the scholarship being offered to the next applicant.
For more information, visit PATA Fellowship.