Deadline: April 14, 2023
Applications for the GreenDeal-NET Short-Term Research Fellowships 2023-2024 are now open. The short-term research fellowship specifically targets researchers working on topics related to the European Green Deal and its governance challenges. By conducting the fellowship, researchers will become part of an expanding network of researchers and academics working in the field and contribute to the exchange of knowledge and the cross-fertilisation of ideas.
Each fellow will have the opportunity to spend up to four weeks working on their research project at a partner university or research institute and connect with other scholars and research communities within their field.
These short-term research fellowships are part of “The European Green Deal: Governing the EU’s Transition towards Climate Neutrality and Sustainability” (GreenDeal-NET), a Jean Monnet Network under the EU’s Erasmus+ programme. GreenDeal-NET provides a platform for knowledge exchange and collaboration on teaching, research, and debate in the field of European climate and sustainability governance.
- The research visit can last a maximum of 4 weeks (28 days)
- Each fellow will be awarded a grant of up to 800 EUR to cover their travel and accommodation expenses during their stay. Proof of expenses will be required to receive the grant.
- Researchers can either choose to conduct their research visit at one of the 12 European Universities that form the core of the GreenDeal-NET network, or at another academic or research institution associated with the project.
- Only one fellowship can be obtained per researcher.
- Early-career researchers from around the world can apply if working on topics related to the European Green Deal and the complex governance challenges it poses.
- PhD students and early career Postdoctoral researchers are eligible to receive the grant.
- Fill in the application form provided (in English), including your motivation for conducting a research visit at one of the universities/research centres.
- Contact the institution where you wish to conduct your visit and send them the filled-out application form and a short CV of up to 2 pages (references to any publications can be added and go beyond the 2 pages, if applicable).
- Download the PDF file first to access the contact email address of the host institution, otherwise you’ll be wrongly directed to a webpage.
- Get a written agreement from the host institution to show that they are willing to host you (such as an email exchange or a letter).
- Send the following in a single PDF file to [email protected] by April 14, 2023 (23:59, Central European Time) with the Subject “Short-Term Research Visit Application”:
- Filled out the application form;
- A written agreement from the host institution (such as an email exchange or a letter;
- A short CV (max. 2 pages).
For more information, visit GreenDeal-NET Fellowships.