Deadline: April 10, 2023
Do you know someone, who is dedicated to fight for a more just, pluralistic and solidary European society? Nominate them for the Schwarzkopf Foundation Young European of the Year 2023. The Young European of the Year is given to young Europeans between the ages of 18 and 26 who have demonstrated outstanding commitment to a peaceful, diverse and inclusive Europe.
They are looking for young, committed young people who make Europe a better place through their engagement to a pluralistic, open European society of solidarity or to fight against injustice and all forms of discrimination. Through their commitment and dedication, they inspire other young people and show leadership and responsibility in their field of engagement.
- The prize is endowed with €5,000 which can be used for an internship in a European institution. It is also possible to use the grant to finance a project which promotes European integration and solidarity. Such a project must follow the aims of the Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe and needs the approval of the Foundation’s board to be accepted.
- In addition, the winner will automatically be part of the jury of the Schwarzkopf Europe Award. They will promote visibility for their cause through events, our large European network and support in public relations.
- Nominee must be between 18 and 26 years old;
- Be active in at least one of the member states of the Council of Europe.
- Anyone can propose candidates for the award.
Nominations are currently running until April 10, and are open to the public. Anyone can propose candidates for the award. The prize is awarded by a jury consisting of members of Schwarzkopf Foundation Young Europe and of the Representation of the European Commission in Germany, in cooperation with the European Youth Forum.
For more information, visit Young European of the Year.