Deadline: April 21, 2023
Applications are open for the London School of Economics & Political Science JournalismAI Fellowship Programme 2023. The JournalismAI Fellowship Programme is a free online initiative that brings together journalists and technologists from media organisations worldwide to explore innovative solutions to improve journalism via the use of AI technologies.
Up to 30 journalists and technologists will be selected to join the 2023 Fellowship cohort and work together over the course of six months (June to December) towards building AI-powered solutions that enhance reporting.
To take part in the programme, you need to have some experience working on products and/or stories that involve the use of AI technologies. They have designed the programme so that fellows keep their jobs while they dedicate 8 hours a week to the Fellowship. Teams will be given financial support for project expenses, as well as mentorship and coaching from experts in the JournalismAI community.
By the end of the programme participants will have:
- Improved their understanding of the potential offered to journalism by AI technologies
- Learned new methods and skills to experiment and prototype new ideas
- Developed their thinking about the role of technology in journalism
- Experienced the power of international collaboration
- Built trust between editorial and technical teams in their own organisation
- Gained new perspectives from a multicultural, interdisciplinary environment
- Learned about a set of AI-powered tools available for news organisations
- Developed an international network of like-minded news innovators
- Built a prototype of their AI-powered solution
- Shared their learnings with the global JournalismAI community
- Thanks to the support of the Google News Initiative, the programme is entirely free for selected participants.
- Open to pairs of journalists and technologists working in news organisations who have experience working on products and/or stories that involve the use of AI technologies.
- Fluency in English is required.
- To apply, fill in this form to express your interest in participating in the programme. It’s a short application form but note that you already have to fill it in with the colleague you plan to pair up with for the Fellowship. (One joint submission, not two.)
- Apply as soon as possible because applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The sooner you apply, the more time you will have for the match-making process (more on this soon), which will directly impact your chances of getting selected.
This initial application phase closes on Friday, 21 April, at 11:59 PM GMT.
In the form, you will be asked to share an idea for a project you’d like to work on during the programme. This is at the core of the match-making process, as you will have to find another pair of candidates with similar goals to team up with, and jointly submit your final Fellowship application by Wednesday, 17 May, at 11:59 PM GMT.
For more information, visit LSE JournalismAI Fellowship.