Deadline: April 30, 2023
Are you an aspiring entrepreneur in Uganda looking to build a tech solution that prevents or solves land justice problems? Apply for the HiiL Innovation Hub – East Africa Jenga Haki Lab 2023.
Jenga Haki Lab is a programme that aims to challenge individuals to come up with innovative solutions around preventing or resolving certain justice issues using technology. The solutions are based on a theme that changes every year. They will be running 3 of these programmes in Uganda and Kenya this year focused on crime and land related problems.
The theme for this round of applications is: How do you use technology to prevent or resolve land problems such as fraud and disputes in Uganda?
The Jenga Haki Lab programme offers a 5-week long programme that provides the selected teams with:
- Match with like-minded and talented entrepreneurs to build a solution
- Training during the residential 2-day Jenga Haki Weekend. The training will be on;
- Human-centered design or Designing for your User testing
- Leadership and Project Management
- Pitching and Presentation
- Two weeks of product development sprints for the teams to design, develop and test their prototype.
- Pitch at the Jenga Haki Festival in front of a 3 member Jury and stand a chance to win grant funding of:
- 1,000 Euros to the Winner
- 750 euros to the 1st runners up
- 500 euros to the 2nd runners
- The programme is suitable for individuals with Innovative solutions/ideas that can address land justice problems in Uganda including:
- Land boundary disputes
- Land fraud
- Disputes over land ownership, transfer and land titles
- Land evictions
- Land succession disputes
- Jenga Haki has also been designed to support teams hence all applicants must be willing to be in/form teams of 3-5 members.
- Members of the team must be above 18 years of age and residents or citizens of Uganda at the time of application.
Jenga Haki looks for teams that have:
- 3 – 5 Individuals with a passion for justice and entrepreneurship.
- Multidisciplinary teams based on the following background/expertise:
- Business knowledge
- Have a social science background such as sociology, psychology
- Have IT or Software development experience
Registration closes on Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 11:59 EAT. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information, visit Jenga Haki Lab.