Deadline: May 15, 2023
Applications are open for the UNEP/UN Volunteers Young Talent Pipeline 2023. United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in partnership with United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme, is actively looking for the first cohort of young, passionate, and skilled talent from less represented regions of the world to join the organization and become the environmental leaders of tomorrow.
Dynamic thinkers with three years of experience and a passion for driving UNEP’s solutions to the triple planetary crises of nature and biodiversity loss, climate change and waste and chemical pollution environment agenda forward are encouraged to apply. Through this Young Talent Pipeline, early career professionals will contribute to the cutting edge of UNEP’s mandate. Selected candidates will be based in UNEP’s headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya, and assignments are expected to begin in September/October 2023 and last for 12 months, with a possibility of extension.
- Colleagues recruited through the Young Talent Pipeline will have access to learning and professional development opportunities, including a suite of online learning programmes.
- Candidate must be a national of a country other than the country of assignment.
- Be between 27 – 80.
- English, Level: Fluent, Required.
- Candidates will need to have degrees in relevant areas, three years of professional experience and a passion for UNEP’s mission.
- Women and people from marginalized groups are especially encouraged to apply.
The 12 new UN Volunteer assignments are listed below. They range from circular economy and geospatial information to ecosystem restoration, statistics and more. The location for all UN Volunteer assignments is Nairobi, Kenya. Click on one to apply.
- Minerals and Metals Specialist
- Education & Youth Specialist
- Green Building Specialist
- Environmental Rights Specialist
- Digital-Ecosystems Interface Specialist
- Geospatial Information Specialist
- Statistical Analysis Specialist
- Nature-based Solution Programme Officer
- Gender & Safeguards Specialist
- Ecosystem Restoration Specialist
- Climate-Induced Loss and Damage Specialist
- Circular Economy Specialist
For more information, visit UNEP/UNV Young Talent Pipeline.