Deadline: April 30, 2023
Applications are invited for the Creative Youth Advisory Council (CYAC) 2023. The Assembly is looking for young creatives and social impact leaders to join the Creative Youth Advisory Council (CYAC).
The Assembly is an open innovation organisation dedicated to empowering entrepreneurs and creatives from Africa and its diaspora to succeed in the global fashion industry. They provide educational, business and professional development opportunities as well as technical skills development. Through their work and strategic partnerships, they have supported thousands of young creatives in Nigeria and they need your help to do much more.
Today, they want to ensure that the needs, ideas, and solutions of young creatives across the fashion value chain —are at the centre of their work and governance. They firmly believe that African creativity is the future and creatives have agency over how they learn and collaborate. It only makes sense to co-create solutions with you.
As a member of The Assembly’s Creative Youth Advisory Council, your voice and ideas count! They want to listen to you and, together give creatives across Africa the support they need to become leaders and change-makers.
You can expect to:
- Share your creative and regional-related expertise: Share your knowledge and experience and advise on issues related to creatives and the region you represent.
- Co-develop The Assembly’s Program Strategy: Give ideas and recommendations to The Assembly’s team to help develop the program goal, key priorities, and ways to measure change.
- Map creative-led groups especially for girls and marginalised communities: Identify groups and initiatives that are led by creatives and that need support, whether financial, technical, or other.
- Attend key convenings: Participate in key meetings and events to ensure young creative’s voices are heard.
- Collaborate with The Assembly’s staff and partners to advocate for gender and disability justice and inter-generational leadership.
- Join The Assembly’s network of young creative leaders.
- You live or are from Sub-Saharan Africa and North Africa.
- You are 16 to 30 years old.
- You are a young creative with functional spoken and written skills in English.
- You have knowledge of one or more of the following languages is an asset: Indigenous African Languages, Arabic, Spanish, Portuguese or French.
- You are committed and passionate about creative industries and social justice.
- You are ready to use your voice and take action to bring about change.
- You are a young creative who believes in a world where everyone should be able to fulfil their potential and reach their dreams as a creative.
- You are willing to be part of the The Assembly’s Creative Youth Advisory Council for a minimum period of two years.
The Creative Youth Advisory Council will be made up of 13 creatives who are an example of The Assembly’s values: community first, collaborative, curious, and authentic.
For more information, visit CYAC.